Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3636
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am trying to print a color picture from my Macbook pro. I have the printing connected to the Mac via USB cable. It only gives me the option of B/W printing even though the HP utility program indicates that there is plenty of ink in the color cartridge. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Kim1967,

Good Day.   May the forums welcome you. I understand that you are having issues printing photos in color. I will be really glad to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Awesome description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy  You are an important HP customer and it is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you.

• Have you been able to print photos in color before from this MAC computer?
  • Have you checked the printing preferences in MAC for color settings?
  • Did you make a few color copies directly from the printer without any intervention from the computer?

• For a start, please try to make a color copy of any photo directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.
  • This is being done to eliminate any hardware issues with the printer. If the printer does not copy in color then it has a hardware issue with the cartridge or the printer itself.
  • If it copies fine, please reset the MAC printing system from this link: http://support.hp.com/ro-en/product/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m177-series/5303438/document/c01371980... and then add the printer.
  • Then add the printer by following these steps:
  • Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.
  • 2.) Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
  • 3.) In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button to delete it.
  • 4.) Click the Add button.
  •  5.) Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.
  • 6.) Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer.
  • 7.) Avoid the AirPrint driver. Once the correct HP driver is chosen, select Add to add the printer to the list.
  • 8.) Try to print.

This should do the trick for you. Smiley Happy If it does not please reset the MAC printing system and download the printer software drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-3630-all-in-one-printer-se...using easy start based on your version of the MAC OS.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.