Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-28-2016 07:34 AM - last edited on 11-28-2016 08:23 AM by Duane_D
I have forgot the Administrator login password.
So I can't access to the cold boot screen after press the "HP" local from the menu.
Is there any other way to reset the login password
11-28-2016 07:02 PM - edited 11-28-2016 07:03 PM
Not sure if you are using the below instructions:
Cold reset using the Preboot menu
1. Turn the product on.
2. The HP logo displays on the product control panel. When the initialization counter 1/8 displays below the HP logo, immediately touch the logo to open the Preboot menu.
3. Use the down arrow button to highlight Administrator, and then touch the OK button.
4. Use the down arrow button to highlight Startup Options item, and then touch the OK button.
5. Use the down arrow button to highlight the Cold Reset item, and then touch the OK button.
6. Touch the home button to highlight Continue, and then touch the OK button.
NOTE: The product will initialize.
02-21-2018 10:49 AM
I have this same printer the full name is "HP LaserJet 500 colorMFP M570dn" but when starting up does not display an initialization counter, it simply says "Initializing". I've tapped the HP logo (with the two or three) blue rings around it throught the initialization process, but never get a preboot menu. Are these instructions actually for this model printer?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
02-21-2018 12:04 PM
There is a difference between HP M575 and M570dn.
M570dn doesn't have preboot menu. If you want to reset M570 you should press and hold lower right quadrant of touchscreen and turn printer ON. Keep holding until Permanent storage initialization appears on panel.
My profile on LinkedIn