Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have forgot the Administrator login password.

So I can't access to the cold boot screen after press the "HP" local from the menu.

Is there any other way to reset the login password

Many thanks

Tom Chan

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Not sure if you are using the below instructions:

Cold reset using the Preboot menu
1. Turn the product on.
2. The HP logo displays on the product control panel. When the initialization counter 1/8 displays below the HP logo, immediately touch the logo to open the Preboot menu.
3. Use the down arrow button to highlight Administrator, and then touch the OK button.
4. Use the down arrow button to highlight Startup Options item, and then touch the OK button.

5. Use the down arrow button to highlight the Cold Reset item, and then touch the OK button.
6. Touch the home button to highlight Continue, and then touch the OK button.
NOTE: The product will initialize.

HP Recommended

Hello,
After I select the Administrator from the step 3. It will prompt from the password . But unfortunately we don't know the password for the Administrator.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Are you sure you are in the pre-boot menu? Please take a picture of the display at the pre-boot menu and the display after you hit the admin selection and post as attachment.

HP Recommended

I have this same printer the full name is "HP LaserJet 500 colorMFP M570dn" but when starting up does not display an initialization counter, it simply says "Initializing". I've tapped the HP logo (with the two or three) blue rings around it throught the initialization process, but never get a preboot menu.  Are these instructions actually for this model printer?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

HP Recommended

There is a difference between HP M575 and M570dn.

M570dn doesn't have preboot menu. If you want to reset M570 you should press and hold lower right quadrant of touchscreen and turn printer ON. Keep holding until Permanent storage initialization appears on panel.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.