Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

Im having the same problem the only difference is sometimes my computer detects my f2480 sometimes it doesnt although it shows that there is a printer installed.

When I looked on my control panel /printer tab all it says is "Photosmart all in one printer scanner copier" but it cannot detect w/c model my printer is and it also has an exclamation point showing..

By the way Im using Windows 7 Ultimate.. Hope you guys can help me on this..:smileysad:

HP Recommended

Hello mangekyou08. To remedy this issue, I would uninstall and reinstall the printer software. Here is a document on how to uninstall a printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02259020

Here is how you install printer software on Windows 7:

http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/support-topics/printer-installation/install-download-printer-drivers.html

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

i have deskjet f4488 i lost theblue CD to intall softwares and all. now i want to connect my new laptop with printer what should i do? i downloaded all the things on your wesite but it is not detecting the printer

HP Recommended

Hi

Going into the Advice Manager under Network adapters I have the yellow icon on the area ' Realtek PCle FE Family'. Opening it it says that window cannot load the drivers required for the device. Code 31

I like the other chap have been using the printer/copier/scanner without problems and all of a sudden the computer won't recognise the printer connected. I've changed the cable no change and the USB port acknowledges other items such as USB stick.

Please help

HP Recommended

I have my HP Officejet 6812 plugged into my computer via USB. When plugged in a notification pops up in the bottom right corner saying that the USB device was not recognized. The last USB device you connected malfunctioned, and it couldn't be recognized. I've went to Device manager and it has a yellow caution symbol on one of the USB devices and states "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed". What do I do. I have tried reinstalling the printer with the factory CD that came with it, I've tried looking up the driver and maually installing it and I don't know what else it could be.

HP Recommended

Hello, there.

I m having the same problem with my Hp LASERJET M1136 MFP PRINTER , im having the log file with me and please tell me how to attach it here.

Please look forward towards my concern.

regards 

AnshGupta28

HP Recommended

@AnshGupta28

Hello and welcome to HP Support Forums. I came across your post and understand that the computer does not detect the printer when connected via USB and shows as unknown device. Maybe I can help you with this case. I recommend you to perform the troubleshooting as described in this link and let me know how it goes: http://hp.care/2fICebd. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Goodevening, I tried everything that you pointed out but still my printer is still not discoverable despite it being connected/reconnected to diffferent USB ports in my laptop. I tried connecting it to a different laptop but it's still not working. How should I approach the problem to this one? Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem too. I tried to install the printer on other computer and the printer works on other computers. What does this mean? Is something wrong with my laptop? But my laptop can detect the printer it's just it won't install the printer. When i try installing it, it always says the cannot the printer via usb device. 

Thanks,

Earl

HP Recommended

I don't know how to postthe dev log here...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.