Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to add my hp 2540 printer to my chromebook & it will not connect. It is connected with a usb. Very difficult not happy with chromebook

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @chloe18,

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are having issues while printing to your DeskJet from your Chromebook. I would like to help 🙂

The following link can help you: HP printer setup (Chromebook)

We can also easily print from the Chromebook by adding your printer as a Cloud-ready printer. Follow the steps below:

1.  First, make sure the printer is connected to your wireless network. If not already connected, follow the steps below:
    • On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

The Wireless Summary screen appears.

• Touch Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

• Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

2. Now, we need to setup the cloud ready printer to your Chromebook.
    • Open the Chrome browser , and then sign in to your Google account.

• Click the Chrome menu icon , and then select Settings from the drop-down menu.

• In the Settings window, scroll down and select Show advanced settings....

• Scroll down to Google Cloud Print, then click the Manage button.

Google Cloud Print detects any printers on the network. Select your printer and then register your printer.

Now, you can easily print from your Chromebook using the Google cloud print. Check http://hp.care/2cYVMZ9 for detailed instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I am following your directions to install my HP printer to my chromebook, however the "wireless summary" does not appear.

HP Recommended

Hi @sharon56a,

Welcome to the HP Support Forum!

Your HP printer is connected via USB cable to your Chromebook, correct? If so, then go to Printing with the HP Print for Chrome App for the steps to install the HP Print for Chrome extension. After you enable the extension, you should be able to print via a USB cable connection.

Let me know if that works.

Cloud Queen
I am an HP employee. I work on behalf of HP.

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you.

Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved.
HP Recommended

Hello community!

Another option is to install your printer through HP Smart as it is compatible with the chromebook.

Follow the instructions in the link below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1716406-1413451-16

Regards,

SofiaML

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.