Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
D110
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My HP D110 no longer will scan after installing the Mac OS upgrade to Sierra.  I previously used HP scan without any issues.  Now all I get are error messages.  I have tried downloading HP easy scan from the app store. That didn't solve the problem either.  I have restarted and unplugged multiple times. I also tried removing and reinstalling the printer.   

I can print with no problems.  I've spent 3 hours on this already.  Any tips you can give will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @hpissued110, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues scanning after upgrading to sierra on your MAC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

If the previous steps did not resolve the issue, try resetting the print system.
CAUTION:
Resetting the print system deletes all printers in the queue. This includes both HP and non-HP printers.
Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.
Click Reset in the confirmation window.
Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.
Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.
Try installing the HP driver and software again, then add the printer to the Mac.
Try to scan.

Please update 5.0 apple print drivers on your MAC and check if it helps.

Update the printer drivers using this link.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot network scanner connection error.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.