Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ditto

HP Recommended

Which Mac OS version are you using?

Have you installed the full software for your printer?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Router DI-524 Dell Laptop Using Win 7 n, HP 3050 .  wireless flashes won't find access point.  Setup with deisk several times. unplugged printer and waited several times.

Unplugged router several times.  Unplugged both several time.  Router workes with laptop and wII just fine.  HELP

HP Recommended

I am having a problem setting up wireless printing for a Macbook with OS 10.5 operating software. After installing the software, the software gives me  the choice to create a network. it asks me for a network address or name of the printer. What is the network address? Where can I find it? I didn't have to do this when I installed the software on my two PCs. The software recognized the network and asked permission to use it. 

I tried entering the name of the printer, but it won't use it to create the network.

HP Recommended

Resolved. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Your solution solved my problem with a MacBook with OS 10.5.8 software. Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought HP Deskjet 3050A yesterday. After installing on my Mac Book Pro, running OS 10.5.8 it works. I printed 3-4 pages.

Today I am trying for the last 4 hours to connect printer but fail. The wireless blue light contnously flash and say NOT CONECTED.

Restarted wirelss router, mac book pro and printer but all failed.

SORRY to say it is not a user friendly printer. As I have gone through the message posted on the forum the user must be familior the communication ways  like Push Button, IP Address and etc.

Is there any way to just plug and print?

Please help?

Regards,

HP Recommended

I have a deskjet 3050A and a wrt54gl router, I want to connect to it wirelessly. Out of the box I connected and installed it correctly, at first it worked and it showed up on my wifi connections, but it said a 3rd party might be able to see what I printed so I went into the printer ip and tried to put a password WPA2 on it, then I clicked apply and it got out of the printer setup page and it stopped working. I wasn't able to connect to the printer through typing the ip into my search bar. So After that I manually clicked on the buttons on the printer and pushed reset to default settings. Now I do not see it on my wifi connections, and I do not know how to fix this problem. Somebody PLEASE HELP! BTW I am using Windows 7 64 bit

HP Recommended

It is probably your wireless router that is not protected with a password.   That is probably what you have to change.

In a browser's address bar, type 192.168.1.1.  The login is left blank and the password is 'admin'.  Navigate to the Wireless Security tab and change your security to WPA and enter a password of at least 13 characters.  Click Save Settings.

Now, go to each device (PCs and everything other than your printer) and re-login to the wireless network with the new password.

Now, on the front of your printer press the blue wireless button and scroll down to select Resore Network Defaults.

Now, on your PC go to Start > All Programs > Hewlett-Packard > [your printer model] > Add a Device and follow the instructions.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

router lost connection, now reconnected however now my wireless printer says there in no wireless connection, what to do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.