Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am always able to print my reports without a problem so I did that and followed the steps to set it and as soon as the static ip saved, I lost my eprint and can't get it back. I push the e-print button on the printer itself and get a message that printer could not connect to the internet.  If I click e-print in the printer utility it shows that it is not connected. I wouldn't care except that my son uses the e-print regularly.  I clicked on web services on the printer homepage and it shows that it isn't connected and clicking the fix this only shows: Cannot connect to the server, even though the message shows that e-print is on. I pressed the button on my router and restarted the computer but still no e-print. This is the same thing that happened to me when I let the homepage automatically set the static and I had to uninstall/reinstall the software after resetting the printer back to defaults to get my e-print back.  Any suggestions on how to get e-print back? 

Edit:  When setting up the static I let it suggest an ip for me which was a really high number and after some research found that the number might be out of my routers range so I went back in and set it lower and now my e-print light is back on. 😄  And setting the static seems to be working for now.  I was able to print without issue but that has been the case in the past and I have lost connection again after a few days so I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.  Thanks so much for all of your help.

HP Recommended

Oh, you have been through so much.  However, the information you shared about the suggested IP address being too high is actually so valuable to know.  I never would have thought of that had you not mentioned it.  In hopes to save you some time in the future, I have a few suggestions.  When I would do live support, I would make an uninstall/re-install the last resort.  Reasons to uninstall may be an error message on your computer like ".dll files are missing," able to print but unable to scan, or if you had the wrong driver.  

The concept that was hard for me to grasp at first are the three segments of a printer (which makes my job difficult sometimes determining the difference): 1. Software - scanning, printing, icons, etc.  2. Hardware - paper jams, cartridge problems, blinking lights, etc.  and 3. Network connections - ePrint failing, unable to print, opening router ports, etc.  I know I didn't have to include that information for you but in case this ever happens in the future, all three of those functions are totally separate.  So, a worse case scenario would be you can't print.  The last thing you would want to do is uninstall because your installation may lose the printer and then you would have two problems instead of one (software that won't install and a network that won't connect).

I really hope this helps keep your printer connected and if it loses connection again, look around the room for things that may cause it to disconnect.  Metal shelves, microwaves, and computer monitors between the router and the printer have all been known to cause this.  Watch for other wireless devices as well.  If they seem to be having a loss of signal strength then it may very well be something external causing the disconnect.  Please do keep me posted, especially with any ePrint problems.  I am more than happy to help!  I really hope you have no other problems though. Happy Printing!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I am SO frustrated with this same problem, although the problem only happens on my laptop, not my daughters.  She can print wirelessly just fine.  But, my computer continues to say the printer is offline, and I cannot even print after attaching the USB cable from laptop to printer.   This is ridiculous.  I have spent a couple of hours in the past 2 days trying to print several different things and am stuck.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear how frustrating this is.  There is one place that both a USB and wireless connection can appear "offline." Go to Devices and Printers folder, right click on your printer icon, select "See What's Printing" (the print queue) and under the Printer tab, make sure "Use Print Offline" is not selected.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the software?  If it is not a component specific to your download, the next thing to check is the computer's internet connection.  Uninstalling/re-installing isn't always the "cure all" for everything but in this case it is the best place to start.

Click this link to download the Deskjet 3050A software.  If this doesn't help you, I will need to know the operating system of the PC you are having problems with so I can be of more assistance.  If this printer is less than a year old, you can call 1-800-474-6836 to take advantage of your free one year warranty because, per your description, it could be a number of things causing this.

Also, my link below will be as useful as calling in as they will likely follow these steps to help you.  Keep me posted and good luck!

--Printer Does Not Maintain a Wireless Connection--

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

nothing as changed since the install of this printer a few yrs ago, no computer changes nothing...i have tried unplugging everything and restarting everything..in the printer view i keep getting   ERROR - OFFLINE PRINTING

i cant print from the internet or off word..nothing works. 

am working on a hp windows 7 laptop have not upgraded. 

did a test on the printer itself and it says there are no errors anywhere

Please help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.