Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok thanks Pete

I'm going to private message you on this

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@Ciara_B wrote:

@comfortcat wrote:

Not thanks to HP, but figured a solution - kind of. Set paper type to "glossy" and quality to "normal" and it started to print again on regular paper, however slow. Will return this printer as soon as ink is depleted or if it fails again. Whatever happens first.

@hi @comfortcat,

If this printer is still within warranty I would definitely recommend contacting HP Phone Support, as I think you require a replacement.

Ciara

It was replaced less than 1 year ago, if warranty is extended from the replacement date then I assume it still is. But after having a total of 5 HP ink printers in the household going bad I'm really in doubt whether a 3rd unit of this model or any other deskjet will be trouble-free. They seem designed to fail, to say the least.  I got a Brother laser printer now and just use the scanner function of the HP.

HP Recommended

And My Printer has stopped as well.

Just purchased a new one the last one that didnt last more than 15 months.

Then thinking the latest cartdridge in this printer was faulty purchased a second XL cartridge in black is this some kind of built in obsolesence?

Does HP have a fix for this?

HP loyal for my whole life but not anymore. How can HP not even face up to the issue on here.

HP Recommended

After several weeks of back n' forth with HP support with a 3070A printer not printing black, I can share the below information:

1. Based on the number of people reporting this issue online and that fact that same failure happened to BOTH the printers I've had (the first was replaced by warranty) - there is a serious wide range quality issue with this model.

2. HP are aware of this issue and offering a "non-public" warranty extension (privately via forums) of up to 2 years instead of the original 1-year warranty.

3. If more than two years passed since you purchased the printer (like me) - tough luck, next time buy a different brand.

I know I'm not going to trust this brand in the future. 

HP Recommended

I you are not going to replace the second printer that's broken down with the same problem and now out of warrenty: I demand a refund on the brand new (and expensive) HP in cartriges I just bought - as I'm definitly not going to buy another HP printer

HP Recommended

Hi @Ciara_B , can you check this thread again and see if you can help out? Thanks! 🙂

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, after printing out a page of just black and white and it coming out like the cartridge was running out I replaced it with a shiny new set of all 4, then that was it no more black! I have tried evrything and the only thing that has worked is using the glossy paper setting as suggested, this printed out but, like the other post said, very slowly, I then tried putting the setting back to normal paper and we are back to nothing again. The printer is definitely out of warranty (bough it in Feb 2012). Anything I can do to sort this? Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem like other ones here. My 3070A doesn't print anything at all (it "prints" but the pages are blank) after black cartridge replacement. All cartridges are original but only black one is full. It printed few pages normally after replcement and then suddenly stopped working correctly. I tried every recommendation I could find on HP page sites and forums (printhead cleaning, hard reset, printhead allign which I couldn't perform because I can't print black, the cartridges are properly vented) but none of them worked and, propably, staff sends the solution via private messages because I can't find it anywhere. Please help.

HP Recommended

The printer magically repaired itself after a week. Great support HP, I knew I could count on you.

HP Recommended

Hi godzillo, glad to hear it's back working. I presume you left the printer plugged in for the week (so the printhead was capped properly)?

Many thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.