Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Black/photo light under Attention is blinking,  An "E" is lit up by the Start Copy.  I do not have a paper jam, I have removed ink cartridges and put them back int (they have ink). I've shut the computer and printer down commpletely and turned off the power and let set for several minutes before restarting.  I have unplugged and replugged in the cords to the back of the comptuer.   HELP!  I have some contracts I need to scan and send off.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the "E" error message. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this message. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00867129

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the "E" error message. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this message. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00867129

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Hello, I've got exactly the same problem as you. Everything seems to be fine (cartridges were put out and back in, no stucked paper, pc connection ok, electric supply ok), yet still the annoying blinking (Error and both cartridge lights).
I've tried the previous mentioned link - strictly went step by step in solution algorithm, but nothing happend.
Is there, please, any other possibility how to solve this issue? 
Thank you in advance.
E.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.