Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-24-2017 06:17 PM
Printer is not responding. Checked wireless connection - it's on. Tried removing the device and then adding back. The device is indicated to be the default. Did a troubleshoot - nothing noted. Receiving message that there is something wrong with the printhead. What do I do?
05-25-2017 04:12 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer. I understand your printer is not responding while printing and you are getting printhead issue and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity.
- Set the default printer and unpause printing.
- Reset the printer and check the connection status.
- Make sure the correct port is selected.
- Update the printer firmware.
- Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.
Click here and follow the document to perform above mentioned troubleshooting steps.
You can also refer this link to fix printhead issue.
Let me know how it goes.
I am an HP Employee