Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-06-2017 10:56 AM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer. I read that the display is stuck on a "verifying" message and a circle icon is present. The printer does not power off if you press and hold the power button. If you power off from the wall outlet but still then issue persists upon restarting the printer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did any hardware changes take place on the printer recently (like paper jam, cartridge replacement, etc.)?
- What operating system are you using? So that I can check for a possible firmware update.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue persists then try to remove the ink cartridges one by one and then reinsert them into the printer.
I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂
05-08-2017 02:15 PM
I reviewed the post completely and am really glad that the issue has been resolved. As @MKazi is out of office ia m responding on his behalf.
I request you ensure that the previous post of @MKazi is given an accepted solution and a Kudos for his efforts to help as it will help several others to find a solution for the same problem.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.
I am an HP Employee