Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 6100 e-Printer. There is a document waiting to print and is blocking the printing of other documents. I have tried to cancel the document and the message says that it is deleting, but it won't delete. How can I remove it so I print other documents?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor from www.hp.com/go/tools

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 5610 will not delete or cancel from queue. How do I do that?

HP Recommended

Hello rlnelson542, 

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

I have a print job stuck in queue. Deleting but it's not.  HP 5610.  I see the other posts with the same problem.  Don't see why this post is necessary. 

HP Recommended

This suggestion helped my 6100 print again but once I printed the test page, the test page item (which already printed) did not dissappear from the queue and is now back to the state where it will not print anything because there is a "stuck" document in the queue.

Any thoughts about that?

HP Recommended

I tried deleting the folders in my spooler...but, I get an error message saying  "action can not be completed because the file is open in Print Spooler"

I am soooo frustrated.

Please, anyone, help?

HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 1512 has document in queue which I can't delete.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Regards,
Jabzi

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.