Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I hope someone is familiar with my problem, I'm at the end of my rope! My printer was working great until windows 10 did an automatic update. Since then my documents get stuck in the queue1 I have tried every possible fix I have found on the web, stopping the spooler, deleting the files in the spooler folder, restarting the spooler service.The only thing that works is restarting my computer and obviously that's not acceptable in a business environment! I have updated my firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, Help Please!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings @MacBeth37

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your printer going offline and jobs getting stuck in the queue. Happy to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Have you changed the router or your ISP recently?

How if the printer connected to your network? (Ethernet or ISP)

Recommend you to assign a static or manual IP address to the printer and check. Follow the procedure below. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Click here for HP Article and you can also view our Youtube Video for assistance as well. (Though the Video is for Windows 7, the procedure is the same for Windows 8 and 10 as well.)

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Would this help even though it is connected with USB cable? It doesn't go offline, it's just that documents get stuck. Thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, for USB connection make sure only one instance of the printer is listed under devices and printers in the control panel. 

Recommend you to uninstall the printer software using the method mentioned below and reinstall it. 

Uninstall the printer from programs and features from the control panel.

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it.

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Update the firmware on the printer using the control panel on the printer. (Will require the printer to be connected to your wireless network.)

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for other troubleshooting steps. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No better.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. May I know how many HP printer are listed in devices and printers. 

Can you let know the steps tried so that I can assist you better

Did you uninstall the printer using the method suggested?

After you installing the printer software back, when you try to print does it still get stuck in the print queue?

Have you tried using HP Print and Scan doctor?

Have you tried to disable the firewall and print?

Were you able to run system file checker as suggested in the article?

Please let me know about the steps tried so that I can assist you further. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Only 1 hp printer in devices and printers

Yes, I've done everything by the suggested methods

Yes, I have used the print and scan doctor-it says "printer in a busy state"

disabling firewall doesn't help

system file check says "found some corrupt files but unable to fix them"

Still the same problem,

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. If the system file checker is unable to resolve the issue, you will need to reinstall the operating system to fix the issue with your computer. 

You can also contact our phone support to check if they can take a remote fo your computer and troubleshoot the issue further. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I notice as well the icon for the printer is still showing in the task bar and when I hover my mouse pointer over it, it says "2 documents pending" even though when I open it there are no print jobs in the queue. Everything I do doesn't make the icon disappear like it usually does after printing. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing the information. It looks to be an issue with the operating system where it is not clearing the print queue quickly. If the issue persists, please reinstall the operating system and check. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.