Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Every time I try to install the driver for my HP Photosmart Plus model B209a (which requires Photosmart Plus B209a-m driver software) onto my Dell computer running Windows 7 Proffesional 64-bit, the install does not complete.

I've tried installing it on its own as well as using HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows. The software recognizes the printer, downloada the driver and attempts to install. I clicked install and navigated through the settings (because I don't want to install the Yahoo toolbar and such) and agreed to the installation agreements. When I clicked "next" though, the computer attempts to install, bit crashes.

It starts the installation process by "Downloading updates" but instead of moving to the next step, it just crashes. No "failed installation" message or anything. If I am running the HP Printer Install Wizard, the process starts all over again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Install Wizard and tried downloasing the printer driver by itself. The installer keeps crashing.

I've ran a system file check on the computer, and there's nothing wrong that it could find. The installer keeps crashing.

I've booted my computer in a clean boot state. The installer keeps crashing.

I've tried to do a disk cleanup, but that keeps freezing halfway through the analysis. The installer keeps crashing!

Please help! The installer keeps crashing!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Spitfir23 ,

I see that you are having issues with the installation crashing. I will certainly do my best to help you.

It would seem like there are issues going on with the computer since the Disk Clean Up is freezing.

Press the Windows logo key + R, type cmd in the Run box, and then press Enter. Right-click cmd, and then select Run as Administrator. Then run the Clean up again.

If you are still having issues, type this in the cmd window. "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

Then try the Clean up again.

Then follow the steps in this document.

Fatal Error 'Error 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation' (MSI Error 1603) Displays Durin...

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.