Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-25-2017 09:48 AM - edited 05-25-2017 09:49 AM
I've got a error in my Device and printers tab in CP. It's listed as "unknown device...printers". also under Properties tab Device functions; mf\officejet_pro_8620&wsd&ip_print.
05-26-2017 10:07 AM
thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that there is an error in Devices and Printers tab and is listed as unknown device.
This indicates that the drivers are not installed correctly or maybe they may have got corrupted. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers.
- Please try to print and check the performance. If the error continues then let us uninstall the drivers from the rot level and then reinstall them. Below steps will help:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
You may download and install the drivers from this link for your printer.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to keep me posted. All the best! 🙂
05-26-2017 03:51 PM
May I know what is the Recording - Rig? Is it a device that you have connected to your computer? If yes then maybe you need to install the driver for it.
It is quite possible that the drivers for the recording - rig are not present therefore it is picking the printer drivers.
Hope this helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂
05-27-2017 09:14 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Could you right click on the Recording - Rig and see if you can remove it or uninstall it?
Also, select the Recording - Rig and click on the eject button which is an option on top.
If none of the steps work then please try to remove the Recording - Rig from the programs list. The steps from this link will help in uninstalling.
Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂
05-27-2017 01:32 PM
Thanks for trying the steps.
Could you let me know if there is any recording device or any other external peripheral device apart from the keyboard, mouse and the monitor connected to the computer?
Also, open the device manager and check if there is a yellow mark next to any of the devices listed.
Lastly, please check if there is a program listed in your computer by the name of Recording-Rig and if you can uninstall it. This link will explain how to search and uninstall programs in Windows.
Let me know. Good luck!
05-27-2017 08:08 PM - edited 05-27-2017 08:09 PM
Recording-Rig is the name I gave this computer. There is a line6 Tone Port UX2 audio interface, M audio Fast Track C600 audio interface, external Seagate HDD. They have nothing to do with the term "Recording-Rig" I think. I's only the name I call this CPU.