Note on archived topics.
03-19-2014 07:22 AM
I need to know how I can print on my HP LaserJet 1020. I have a new Mac with Mavericks operating system OS X 10.9.2
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-19-2014 10:41 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 12:36 PM by OscarFuentes
Officially, the HP Laserjet 1020 is not supported on Mac OS X:
Although it is not supported, there are some workaround you may try:
- Download and install the package below:
- From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
- Click the Plus sign.
- Select the listed LJ 1020 printer.
- Click the drop down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
- Select the HP Laserjet 1022 from the list.
- Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.
Hope that helps,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :)
06-04-2014 02:59 PM
Hi HP Expert,
thanks for that solution suggested, unfortunately they did not work for me. Can you help?
I just got my new macbook (OS X 10.9) and still have my good old HP Laserjet 1020 waiting to get connected.
What I did is basically this:
(1) I followed your advises point 1-4 ( up to select listed printers). No printer was shown. I realized I had not yet installed the software, so
(2) I installed the HP software delivered with the CD
(4) Yet no printers shown in the list
Do you have any suggestion what to do now?
Your help is very much appreciated.
06-04-2014 03:57 PM
I just solved my problem. After updating my mac software and connecting my printer to the computer (USB) the printer showed up in the list and I added it. Just in the list of the drivers I could find find the driver for the 1020 even though I had downloaded and installed it as suggested. Instead I chose the 1022 driver that showed up and it works. I am very happy. Anyhow could you let me know if chosing the 'wrong' driver might cause any problems?
Thanks a lot again.
07-07-2014 06:53 PM
I read your post. The first step...
Download and install the package below:
the download always fails. I have tried 3 times.
Any suggestions? and once I get the download to work, I don't know how to install the package. Do I simply double click on it?