cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fgiffone
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

End of Life - M402dn

HP Recommended
LaserJet M402dn
Other

Organization owns numerous LJ M402dn's.  WHEN will HP no longer sell/support the M402dn having reached its end of life?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
tonerspills
Level 7
680 669 55 118
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

that model just recently replaced the M401, so I would expect to see it actively sold for the next year or two- then you can expect toners and some parts to be available for at least 7 years, toners and rebuilt fusers for 10-15 years or as long as they are enough units to warrant continued consumable production.

The printers will probably go for about 150-200k engine cycles before the fusers fail. The most I've seen a M401 series go to is 300k counts. At that point it will be cheaper to replace the printers, as the cost for a tech & fusing unit will cost more than a new replacement model.

I have around (70) M425's/M401's in service for various managed print customers- those go to an average of 200k probably, and we replace them with M402's- we've also recently been upgrading 2430's to M402's with extra paper trays- and they seem to perform well.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
fgiffone
Author
Level 1
10 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
tonerspills THX for the detailed explanation!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation