Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello again Dublinmom,

OK, thanks for the additional information.  So if the envelopes are feeding without issue, just light but regular documents are printing fine, we could look at a couple of items.  One, the media type.  Are these envelopes a supported paper type and weight?  Two, how are we doing on supplies?  When was the last time you changed or checked the toner cartridge? When printing envelopes, we can also try increasing the print density setting.  (steps below)  Its an easy setting change and will darken the printing on the envelopes.  Good Luck!

You can change the print density setting by from the printer properties dialog box.
  1. Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (using the default Start menu view): Click Start , and then click Printers and Faxes .
    -or-
    Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (using the Classic Start menu view): Click Start , and then click Printers .
    -or-
    Windows Vista: Click Start , click Control Panel , and then in the category for Hardware and Sound click Printer .
  2. In the list of printers, right-click the name of this printer, and then click the Properties menu item to open the printer properties dialog box.
  3. Click the Device settings tab, and then move the Print Density slider to the desired setting.
  4. Click the Apply button to accept the setting, and then click the OK button to close the dialog box.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.  I tried what you said, but it didn't work.  I forgot to mention that the printer setting was on ECONOMODE.  When I turned it off, the envelopes turned out fine.  I do appreciate you taking the time to help solve our problems.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response regarding the print options.  This might also solve a couple of other problems I have printing envelopes.  Many, many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello FridayG,

My Pleasure......Thank you for the feedback! 

Best,

Stix4

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended
When you're in the print menu select 'Page Setup' and under the 'Paper' tab make sure that both first page and other pages are set to auto select. You can then select auto or manual under the printer properties to choose the actual source when printing. I believe these settings will default back to manual when you close the document , unless you choose to save. Future documents may also default to the manual setting, so you may have to change . Haven't had time to test out thoroughly but I know this works....at least for me.
HP Recommended

MacBook Pro, Word for Macs 2011, P1102w will not print a single envelope. The printer runs and envelope goes through, but no printing happens.

HP Recommended

Word is the only program from which I try to print an envelope.

I have tried to print envelopes in the past--never printed.

The former printer I had, also HP, worked from this Mac laptop.

HP Recommended

Printer is connected by cable

HP Recommended

Hello Retired_writer,

Thanks for the post.  I was able to locate this article for envelope printing in Word for MAC, hope this helps....original link below.  Hat tip to MS Office Knowledge Base for the document.  Good Luck!

Create and print a single envelope

Do any of the following:

HidePrint a single envelope

1. On the View menu, click Print Layout.

NOTE   You cannot print an envelope in notebook layout view or publishing layout view.

1. On the Tools menu, click Envelopes.
  2. In the Delivery address box, type or edit the mailing address.
  3. Make sure that the Return address box contains the return address that you want to use.

NOTE   By default, Word uses the address from your personal settings. To type a different return address, clear the Use my address check box.

1. Insert an envelope into your printer.
  2. In the Envelope dialog box, click Print.
  3. On the Printer pop-up menu, select the printer that you want, and then click Print.

ShowSet up a return address for all envelopes

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/mac-word-help/create-and-print-a-single-envelope-HA102928610.aspx?...

HP Recommended

I have a strange envelope printing issue.  1st off I have updated all the firmware and software and I am on Vista Ultimate.

I insert the envelope and the printer feeds it thru but nothing prints on the envelope.  I tried changing the front and back option and also the fonts.   The printer prints fine on regular paper.

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.