Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am incredibly frustrated; hopefully somebody here can help.

My Envy 5530 (which was only purchased a few months ago) is consistently NOT printing full documents or multipe copies.  It has been doing this since about three weeks after I purchased it.  I have searched these forums and tried everything posted that even MIGHT help with this.

Here's the deal.  If I ask for it to print a multi-page document, it will usually print the first page in the cycle (in this case, the last page of the document), but on the second or third page, it will print halfway and then stop.  If I ask for it to print a single-page document but to make multiple copies, it does the same thing - prints the first copy, but on the second or third copy, it prints half-way and then stops.  This happens the majority of the time.  If I print one single page at a time, it is *usually* okay.  However, I do not have time to sit here and hit "print" for every single page, and I certainly don't have time to hit "print" 20 times if I need that many copies of something.  Not only this, but unprinted pages are counting towards my HPInstantInk count, which means I will have to pay more for a service that is only providing about half of what I'm paying for!

If you have a clue as to how to solve this, please advise!  I have:

-  completed powercycling on all devices (this sometimes works, sometimes does not)

-  uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

-  disconnected and reconnected wireless on the printer

Thanks for the help!
Marnai

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Marnai,
Try following the steps below and check if that may help:
- Open the HP software by clicking the Envy 5530 icon within the Desktop or the Start Menu, then click the Printer Home Page (EWS) link.
- Click the Network tab.
- Depending on your printer model click on Networking and then on Network Address (IP) or click on IPv4 within the active network connection type.
- Click on Manual IP , and then click Suggest a Manual IP Address . A manual IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway displays.
*Be sure to take a note of the IP address and Confirm the changes, then close the EWS page.
- Click the Envy 5530 icon within the Desktop or the Start Menu and click the Utilities tab, then click on Update IP Address.
- Type the manually configured IP address, click on Save and confirm.
- Open the control panel and go to Devices and Printers.
- Right click the Envy 5530 icon and select Printer Properties.
- Open the Ports tab.
- Click the Add Port button, select Standard TCP/IP and click on New Port.
- Follow the steps by typing the manually configured IP address and confirm the changes.

Now try printing and check if the issue been resolved.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have a simuler problem but it stops halfway through the last page

if I increas the number of copyes it will print fine untill it reaches the end then halfway through it says "error can't print 'what ever' document" and spits out a half-printed page

the 'new port' thing cant help as it disables double sided printing

apperently all of my software  is up to date

and is there somewhere that these errors are recorded? 

HP Recommended

Other Envy 5530 users:

I had this same problem, and it went away after I opened up my printer and gently wiped down the insides, including both ink cartridges, spools, and the removable rear panel covering the spools. They didn't look especially dirty (maybe a tiny bit of dust) but it got results, and now my printer is working like new. 

Hope it helps,

Sal.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem as described above and I followed all your instructions. Now, however, it won't print at all... The documents aren't being sent through. But even if they were, I no longer have the option of double sided printing.

So what do I have to do next to get thing printer to do what it's supposed to do?

HP Recommended

@Djenz

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy 5530 printer. I understand that you are getting issues in printing multiple pages and double sided printing. And you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to computer, USB or wireless?
  • When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software change recently? 

Meanwhile:

Reset the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the rear side of the printer when it is turned on,
  • Press and hold the power button for 60secs.
  • Connect the power cable to printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.