cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
teeare
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envy 7640 will pring Word docs, but will not print pdf's. Using Windows 10. All drivers, etc. O.K.

HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Envy 7640 will not print pdf's. It will print Word docs. All drivers etc. have been updated. When trying to print pdf's it will act as though it is spooling, spits out one blank piece of paper and acts as though it has printed what was asked for. Sometimes it will say "printing cancelled". I have also unplugged printer to reset. Nothing seems to correct problem.

1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,466 26,790 2,441 9,222
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What program are you using to print the PDF's?  I have seen several cases where using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC  resolved printing issues from other pdf programs.  You can download the free reader from Adobe here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.   Review the optional offers, you may want to uncheck these.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation