Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just want to know how to connect printer to HP Pavillion 23 wirelessly so I can also connect to ipad to print.  Currently printer only works with USB cable between PC and printer.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Prudee

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer and would like to know how to connect the printer wirelessly to your HP Pavillion 23 and your iPad. I'll surely help you with this.

I read that presently the printer works fine. 

I did some research and found that the printer is wireless capable. I suggest you to perform the following steps to connect the printer wirelessly. 

• Please ensure that the HP Pavillion 23 PC and the iPad are connected to the wireless network.
  • Press the Wireless icon the printer. ItoOpens the Wireless Menu with options for setting up a wireless connection, testing the connection, and turning wireless on and off. When the icon is colored, wireless is turned on.

Please refer to steps mentioned under "Wireless with a router (infrastructure network)" from page# 32 of the user guide.

Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, you may have to run the software again on the computer to configure it wirelessly. Secondly, for your iPad, please download and use the HP AiO remote app (works for Apple and Android also) and print from your iPad.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. I tried that. If I run the wireless setup wizard the printer display tells me it's connected to my router, but when I check my router the printer is no one of its listed connected devices. 

My understanding is that the printer must connect to my local network via the router. 

Plan B?

HP Recommended

@Prudee

You're welcome. 🙂

Yes, the printer must be connected to the wireless network via the router. 

You may perform the "Step 2 to Step 7" mentioned under Manual steps to solve the problem.

Hope this does the trick. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

G'day MKazi

Still no joy.

Printer says connected to my router and router says printer is a connected device along with my PC, phones,iPads etc but if I run Scan Doctor the printer is not found or connected.

Any suggestions now?

Thanks

Steve

HP Recommended

@Prudee

You're welcome and very good observation by you. 

• Please locate the printer's IP address. You can touch the wireless icon on the printer screen. It opens the Wireless Menu with options for setting up a wireless connection, testing the connection, and turning wireless on and off. When the icon is colored, wireless is turned on. You should find the IP address there or print a network configuration page.
  • If the printer's IP address is http://0.0.0.0, the printer is not connected to a wireless network. Reconnect your printer to the wireless network, and then print a new Network Configuration Page. Make sure the report shows the status as Connected. 
  • On your computer, open an Internet browser.

• Type the URL address for the EWS in the browser address bar, and then press Enter. Make sure to type the IP address into the Internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.

• If a website security certificate displays in the Internet browser, click Continue.

The EWS webpage for the printer opens, which confirms that the printer is on the same network as the computer.

• On the EWS webpage, click the Network tab.

• In the Wireless section, click Wireless (802.11), and then click Manual IP.

• If a Suggest a Manual IP Address option is available, click it, click Apply, and then reconnect your printer. If the wireless connection drops, continue to the next step.

• If a Suggest a Manual IP Address option is not available, continue troubleshooting.

Figure : Example of clicking Suggest a Manual IP Address

Clicking Suggest a Manual IP Address
  • On the Network Configuration Page, locate the IP AddressSubnet Mask, and Default Gateway.

Figure : Example of the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway

Example of the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway
  • On the EWS webpage, type the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers from the Network Configuration Page in the matching fields, and then click Apply. If the wireless connection drops, continue to the next step.

Figure : Example of typing the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers

Typing the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers

If it does not help then restore network defaults on the printer and perform the steps again.

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi

Re-connected printer to network by running wireless setup wizard. Done this a million times already.

Printer says it's connected wirelessly to router.

Router says printer connected to router.

EWS 192.168.0.9 not recognised by IE or Safari so can't go forward from there.

What now?

HP Recommended

@Prudee

I suggest you to reset the printer and then try to connect it wireless again using the steps provided in the earlier posts. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. 

Hope this works. Let me know. Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi

I've reset the printer as per your PM.

Still won't connect and now about half the time I start the printer it freezes halfway through starting up and I have to pull the power cord and try again.

We're going backwards here!

What now?

HP Recommended

@Prudee

If the printer is freezing this way then it indicates towards a hardware issue. I recommend you to contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your printer.

Let me know if you have any questions. All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.