Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On my HP4515x Printer .  When I Power on my printer, it loads the memory, then sends the mesage

INFLATE FAILURE    SEND RFU UPGRADE on USB DEV PORT   followed by

DOWNLD FILE NOW  SEND RFU UPGRADE ON USB DEV PORT.

Printer was printing normal, stopped and displayed the message above.

Tried all the various ways to load the RFU to no avail..   USB, FTP, WEB JETADMIN,

Printer does not respond to anything.   Is the main board bad?   Any suggestions?

John B

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Help.

I have the same error.  How was it resolved?  Is it epidemic?

HP Recommended

Here is how I solved the problem:

Clearing RFU Error Message
1. Turn the printer power off.
2. Power on the printer and watch for the memory count to begin.
3. Holds down the STOP button when you see the memory counts begin. Continue holding down the STOP button until all three printer control-panel lights flash once and then remain on. This might take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (Checkmark) button and then the MENU Button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.
6. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is the letter “C” in the word “Clear”.
7. Scroll down until you see “Set Runmode to Manual”.
8. Press the Select button once until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “R” in the word “Runmode”.
9. Scroll down until you see “Set RFU Error Off”.
10. Press the Select button twice until the highlighted cursor is on the letter “S” in the word “Set”
11. Turn the printer off and power up the printer.

HP Recommended

Thank you,

this worked for me up until step 6.  Then there was no such menu item as "Set runmode to Manual."  I have a CP 3525 so its menu is probably different.  Anyway I was unable to clear the RFU errors so I will try downloading an upgrade.  Meanwhile, if anyone knows how to clear this problem from a 3525 let me know.

HP Recommended

I tried this and it fails pressing the stop button dose nothing.

HP Recommended

Had same RFU uprade message on a CP4005N. After wasting half a day and then giving up I tried a new memory stick in it the next day......message went away and printer worked instantly.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the solution. it really worked for me. hope to get more tips from you.

HP Recommended

Dear all

I've got an HP P3015 which is giving the following error - downld file now send rfu upgrade on usb dev port. Its not even allowing me to install the printer as the PC is seeing it as an unknown object. Can anyone please help?

thanks

HP Recommended

Resolve for me the italian message "Invia nuovamente aggiornamento"  P4015 thanks a lot

HP Recommended
Please could anybody explain me wich is the select button? In my keyboard only have the normal buttons and the numericbuttons. Don't have Select button. After push the Stop button I canno continue.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.