Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP MFP M 425dw

I have a problem with all-in-one HP MFP M 425dw.
It has a problem with scanning and photocopying. Printing is OK.
First time after turning up device and installing it I done a first test copy (before connecting to computer in any way) and I got a copy with straight lines across the page.

I also got message: "The product is unable to calibrate. 
Close the lid and remove paper from the document feeder or flatbad"
With scanning was the same problem, after scanning it puts out a page with straight lines in colour -colour scanning was turned on.

I uploaded a photo of scanned page and it is the same with photocopying (only in black since it is black-and-white printer. Straight scan lines

On some forum I found out some manual considering calibration - I uploaded instructions in jpg.

Calibration page1  Calibration page2
After doing calibration by that manual I got the same mesage again:

'The product is unable to calibrate. 
Close the lid and remove paper from the document feeder or flatbad.'
However after waiting for some time this did solve my problem, it started to copy and scan properly. The problem is that every time th device is restarted it has a poroble with scanning and photocopying, so  I have to do calibration process again.
Because every time device gets turned off on power button or there is power outage, calibration problem appears again.

Now I am not sure is there a problem with just this device like a factory error or not.
Because I have two others HP M425 and they never did have this problem.

Actually on one other device after restarting it, sometimes there's a same error message
" The product is unable to calibrate...."
But he copies and scans ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As I said I tried several things: calibrating device by the manual found online(which I uploaded here above), updating firmware, but nothing gave solution.

My device was new and in warranty period so I finally sent printer to authorised HP service center. ( They argued that its because of our proxy settings, network conf., etc. Of course copying has nothing to do with network. I was persistent and they finally took over a printer)

They solved the problem and it never appeared later again.  

So I suppose it was factory error.

Sorry for the late reply. I hope this will help anyone with the same problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am getting the same error message on my MFP M477fnw.. any ideas how to resolve would be helpful

tx

beverly

HP Recommended

'The product is unable to calibrate. 
Close the lid and remove paper from the document feeder or flatbad

Anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? I have a new MFP426fdw printer.

Thanks

Mike

HP Recommended

As I said I tried several things: calibrating device by the manual found online(which I uploaded here above), updating firmware, but nothing gave solution.

My device was new and in warranty period so I finally sent printer to authorised HP service center. ( They argued that its because of our proxy settings, network conf., etc. Of course copying has nothing to do with network. I was persistent and they finally took over a printer)

They solved the problem and it never appeared later again.  

So I suppose it was factory error.

Sorry for the late reply. I hope this will help anyone with the same problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.