Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-25-2017 06:15 PM
Have followed all of the on-line support steps to no avail; restarted, checked connections, power from socket, changed USB cords, reset printer list, downloaded and installed latest drivers and Easy Scan, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
05-26-2017 02:26 PM
A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you.
I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One printer. I read that the printer is neither able to copy, scan and fax. You have changed the USB ports, reset the printer, reinstalled the latest drivers and the issue persists. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Have you tried to copy from the ADF (automated document feeder) and the scanner glass bed and checked?
This could be a scanning hardware failure. However, before we conclude this issue, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
NOTE: Please ignore the steps if they have been performed by you in the exact same order:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Try to make a copy and check if the scanner bulb glows inside the printer. If the scanner bulb does not move while copying the document placed on the glass bed then it is a scanner hardware failure.
NOTE: While scanning from the glass bed, the bulb moves. But while scanning from the ADF the bulb remains stagnant and only the paper moves.
hope this information helps.Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂
05-30-2017 05:08 PM
Thanks for replying.
While copying a document, did you observe if the scanner bulb glows inside the printer? If the scanner bulb does not move while copying the document placed on the glass bed then it is a scanner hardware failure.
If the scanning bulb does not work then it is a hardware issue and I would suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your printer.
Do let me know. Thanks again! 🙂