Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have read through the comments regarding this message on previous posts.  On my printer is seems like the ADF is not snapping completly back into place.  Is it suppose to sit inside the part of the lid that lifts up?  If not, I see that it does not completly lay flat when it is down.  It sits up just a bit (see photo).  If I apply pressure to the side of the ADF with the gears, the paper will feed through.   The gears all appear to be intact.  I also read a post that mentions pulling up on green tabs to set the ADF back into place (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04119102).  I'm only finding one green tab on my printer near the front to lift the mechanism.  Can you please let me know how I can fix this problem?  Thanks so much.

20161229_092152.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you ensure that the green latch is in the middle position?

ADF latch must be center.jpg

Hope that helps!

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi.  Thanks for your reply.  There is no green latch in my model.

2016122995103152.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try playing around with different positions of the latch on your printer.

Unless something has broken, the ADF should be able to close properly.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Nothing appears to be broken.  Which latch are you referring to?  

HP Recommended

Hi,

Close the ADF and see if there are any areas that are not closed properly.

Will be hard to troubleshoot if we do not see the device physically.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, The lid is snapped shut and completely down on all sides.  When I apply pressure to the back of the ADF where the gears are located, it works.  I read that several other folks on forums had this result, but no solution was posted.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi, I came across some info that indicated that some HP ADFs may develop a faulty cover swith - the switch that conveys to the printer that the lid is closed.  Wondering if this is my problem since the message that I'm receiving is that the cover is open and since it does work when weight is applied to lid.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I believe I have a "fix" for my printer issue.  I did notice when I looked at the printer from the side, the ADF lid was very slightly out of alignment.  It was a just a bit higher on the back side over the gears.  This caused the gears not to mesh properly.  I wrapped a bungy cord around the printer to hold the lid down even and it seems to be working for now.

There does not appear to be an easy way to get to the screws holding ADF down to make an adjustment.

20170227_130752.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @MiaMay

That's a very creative way to get your ADF working again!

Thanks for sharing!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.