Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wxp Pro Sp3, MS Office Pro 2003, ENVY 4500 Printer.  When I print Excel files, some of the grid lines are missing.  If I remove the "Wrap text" option from all the cells, all the grid lines print.  This is not a solution (readability-wise), but indicates that the driver is not handling cells with "Wrap text" correctly causing print out corruption.  Anyone else seeing this or have a fix?  Btw, I can print the file just fine to two other remote printers (from the same computer).  Also, all Word, pdf, and web pages print fine from the 4500.  File does not print properly to the 4500 from W8, MS Office 2010, either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
We have had the problem of grid lines printing inconsistently, being a mixture of single spacing and double spacing horizontally, most of them double spacing. After trying various Setting changes, we changed Print Quality from Normal to Best and that produced what we wanted i.e. all single spacing. Weird but it works!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the following slution:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/excel-help/print-gridlines-in-a-worksheet-HP010342800.aspx

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is not the issue.  Grid lines are selected ON and show up on screen and in print preview.  The printer skips printing SOME grid lines, especially after cell lines that contain "Wrap Text" option.  This only happens when printing to the ENVY 4500.  Unchecking "Wrap Text" cell format option fixes the grid line issue, but obviously the print out format is no longer what you want.  Two other printers print the file from the same computer without issue.   There is a firmware update for the ENVY 4500 but I cannot get it to update wirelessly or via USB (cannot find printer error yet it prints either way).  I have firmware MKM1FN1331AR.  The update is MKM1FA1322BR, dated 9/24/2013, so it might be out of date for my newer purchase.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Some people have found that if the problem occurs, change the print mode to "Best".

Not a solution, but workable while HP look into the issue.

Russ@HP
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HP Recommended

Yes, "Best" does print all the grid lines, but is much, much slower than "Normal".  Normal and fast normal work fine on other printers, if I take the file there.  There is little difference in the text quality between Best and Normal other than all the grid lines show in this case, and definitely not worth the additional time.  I don't expect draft to print everything.  HP should fix the driver.  They have suggested four drivers to try over three OSs.  Just a pain to setup all my computers.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Glad to know I'm not alone.  Tried all proposed solutions without solving problem.  How do I get HP to address the problem?

HP Recommended

Hi @bigalf 

Out of interest, how is the print quality when using other applications, such as Word? Is it the black cartridge that seems to be the issue? If so, what is the warranty ends date on it? (YYYY/MM/DD)

Thanks

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

My printer is 2 months old; cartridge has ink; printing docs fine.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Does HP have a place to report this problem?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@claybarb wrote:

My printer is 2 months old; cartridge has ink; printing docs fine.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Does HP have a place to report this problem?

Thank you.

Hi @claybarb 

Yes, you can contact HP support via the phone no.s below...

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

HP Recommended

Hi claybarb, just wondered if you contacted HP Support about this?

Thanks

Ciara

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.