Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This problem has driven me crazy.  I even uninstalled my printer and reinstalled thinking it was because of the wireless connection.  This didn't work.

Thank you for suggesting changing normal to best on printing quality.  THIS WORKED!!!  THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

I have been experiencing this problem with the newest version of Outlook and Excel.  I have spoken with Microsoft at length and they have given up and asked me to talk with HP instead.  I am using an HP Envy 4500.  I have two of them.  I think the problem was introduced when I installed Office 365.  .  

My print from Outlook also does not print the colors that identify my tasks in addition to omitting the lines.

Printing Ecel spreadsheets are problematic as they print every other or fewer of the horizontal lines.

Microsoft worked on this for hours to no avail and HP  also worked it for hours and eventually installed what I call a work-around.,  The issue is still open with both vendors.  

I now have an extra driver installed (twice) to use for my printers.  It does not connect to a printer status box for holding, pausing or cancelling print jobs.  Looks like I will be back talking with both entities in the next week.  Is anyone else using the HP Envy having this problem?

Thank you

Loretta, I am not a student,  Pirozzi

HP Recommended

Loretta, this has been going on for a long time -- see all the comments above.  Your experience with Microsoft and HP tech support confirms that this issue is a thorny one that probably won't be fixed soon, if ever.  As I wrote above, the workaround that works best for me is to save the Excel spreadsheet as a pdf file whenever I want to print it, then print it from the pdf reader.  That's pretty easy and definitely safe.  On the other hand, if Microsoft or HP does manage to solve this for you, please let us know!  -- Pete

HP Recommended

new bit of information:

I can get my calendar print.  

With the "wrong" driver it prints the calendar well but whenever I print a 2-sided document the pages come out wrongly stacked.  The first sheet is on top but it's the backside of it.  When pages are not numbered on the bottom it leaves you a quandary about which way they go.  

The technician told me to use just the driver he installed but I now have it set to use the Envy4500 driver as the default to print and change it to the workaround only for the Outlook calendar.  

so far, so good

I have not decided how I will print multiple pages of an Excel spreadsheet.

Loretta, who is not a student

HP Recommended

I increased the the row height and that "got 'er done."  THANX

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my 8620.  if I send the excel or access printout thru the 8620 drivers it drops lines but if I send it through the 6980 drivers to the same 8620 printer it prints correctly. has to be a driver problem. the trouble with doing that is 6980 doesn't support auto duplex. I only have it installed for borderless photo printing which the 8620 driver doesn't support even thought advertised.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.