cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
woodlandmanager
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Fax is not working

HP Recommended
officejet 6700

"Its me again, I got the scanner icon on the computer now, but can't get the fax to work, its the hp officejet 6700 all in one. It says no answer"

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,610
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @woodlandmanager – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to be of your assistance!

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues with your Officejet fax machine. Let's start by running fax test to determine the issue. Follow the steps below:

1. On the Fax Setup menu, touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Fax Tools.

2. Touch the Down Arrow (), and then touch Run Fax Test. The product displays the status of the test, and then prints a report.

3. Wait while the product prints the Fax Test Report.

4. Review the report.

• If the report indicates the product passed the test and you still have problems faxing, check the fax settings listed in the report to make sure that the settings are correct. A blank or incorrect fax setting can cause problems with faxing.

• If the report indicates the product failed the test, review the report for more information about fixing the problem.

If the issue persists, go to http://hp.care/2qGJ9rn and follow the additional steps to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation