cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GRANNYG1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Faxing issues

HP Recommended
hpoffice jet 3830

I have trouble faxing,  This is a new machine.  I get a message that page 1 was faxed then error message 345 an error has occurred during fax transmission.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @GRANNYG1 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are having issues while faxing from your Officejet 3830 printer. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this issue 🙂

To assist you better and to isolate the issue, let's try and run a fax test on your printer. Here are the steps:

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, touch Fax.

2. Swipe up on the display, touch Setup, and then touch Tools.

3. Touch Test Fax.

The printer prints a report.

4. Review the Fax Test Report.

• If the report indicates the printer passed the test but your printer has problems faxing, check the fax settings listed in the report to make sure that the settings are correct. A blank or incorrect fax setting can cause fax problems.

• If the report indicates the printer failed the test, review the report for more information about fixing the problem.

Alternatively, check http://hp.care/2oPk90N for additional troubleshooting steps. Make sure to check the FAQ section as well.

Thanks, Hope to hear from you soon!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation