Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Scanjet G4050
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Each time I go to use the Scanjet G4050 with my imac w/ OS 10.10.5   I  have to shut down the computer, wait a minute and re-start before it will allow the scanner to operate. Unless I shut down, the display shows "waiting for the scanner" then "scanner warming up" and the little wheel spines and spins and then displays a "could not complete scan" message. What can I do to not have to shut down computer each day. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have you try shutting down and powering up the Scanner instead?  Does it work?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. I have shut down, unpluged the scanner and unpluged the usb connection, both singularly and in all combinations with the computer.  All to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any advice.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.