Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We also have an HP 1102w and were having a similar issue with OSX10.8.

The printer does connect via wireless (although ive not braved a firmware update) but what used to take 10 seconds to print now takes literally 5 mins.

Come on HP - ive relied on your printers for years.

W

HP Recommended

Since today is HP Expert Day, I'd like to bump this thread to bring this issue to the Expert's attention.

To their benefit, here's a recap of the problem.

The latest firmware update issued for the HP 1022 series (version 20120928) has a serious issue: when it is applied to a 1022nw, the printer loses its wireless functionality. The symptoms are a steady blue light, and no wireless options in the web interface.

I've examined the Windows temporary folder created upon running the updater. Along with the updater executable, it contains three firmware files: 1022.bin, 1022n.bin, 1022nw.bin. The problem is that the 1022n.bin and 1022nw.bin files are perfectly identical, bit for bit.

Basically, the aforementioned updater flashed 1022n firmware on 1022nw printers.

Downgrading the firmware does not seem to be an option: the RFU setting introduced with the latest update defaults to "Off and Locked", which means the setting can't be changed using the buttons on the printer. And the web interface has no options to change the RFU setting either.

I know this is a discontinued product, and that it's old. Nevertheless, the latest firmware issued by HP removed a functionality we paid for. I'd expect HP to provide a resolution for this issue.

I'm available to give you any other information you might need.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Thank you Alprov,

I think that you are dead right (unfortunately)!

Yesterday, I bought a new Samsung. Smaller (!), cheaper and the installation wizard hooked it up to my WPA2 network in a minute or two.

I'm a happy man...

HP Recommended

Good luck with that Alprov

Like Lars I have given up waiting for HP to take any notice of this problem and replaced my 1022nw with a new Samsung.

Steve

HP Recommended

Hi, may i ask where you found the older firmware? Same problem here and i would like to have a look at it.

HP Recommended

I just googled "firmware 1022nw 2006", took a giant leap of faith and clicked on:

http://www.oasq.com/e/DownSys/DownSoft/?classid=1364&id=56880&pathid=0

/L

HP Recommended

You may have given up, but that's not what I intend to do.

HP is a reputable company, and I trust them. Somebody clearly made a mistake when issuing the firmware update that crippled our 1022nw printers. I'd just like HP to acknowledge the issue and propose a solution for the customers that were affected. There's got to be a way of fixing this.

HP Recommended
FYI, I have not forgotten or dismissed this issue. I am still in communication with the team I forwarded this to in December. I reiterate, as soon as I have more info, I will make sure to post back to this thread.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Kudos for you Gordon! I use a pretty good workaround now, so still able to print wireless on my 1022nw. But looking forward to a fix from HP (and ofcourse trusting it will happen :generic: )

HP Recommended

Thank you, Gordon. I will hang in there. And if you need a guinea pig for the fix you come up with, you can count on me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.