Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problems stated here.  I've tried everything listed from going static IP to changing to channel 11 and/or 1, and I have also swapped routers twice (from a Netgear to a Cisco E3200 to an Apple.  All other connections work perfectly (including access to an HP C310 and C410 PhotoSmart), but the 7520 will not keep connected more than 10 minutes.  Help!!

HP Recommended

Does the printer have a good wifi signal?  Have you tried turning the printer to different orientations (rotate 90 degrees, for example)?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

The wi-fi connection is strong

HP Recommended
I too would love you to be proven wrong so we can all get a solution to the exact same problem. I agree, the problem is with HP.
HP Recommended

Help!  Same exact issue.  Worked great after setup.  After the second or third day, printer will not stay connected to network.  I have Airport Extreme Gen 2.    Multicasting on, great signal strength, tried different channels...  

Will only reconnect after I reboot everything.  If I try just turning off/on printer nada.  I have to cycle the router and printer to get it to connect.  10 mins later, no connection.

HP Recommended

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have tried everything on this forum.  I have even gotten a replacement printer.  I am having this same issue with no way to resolve it.  Whats the point of having a great WIRELESS printer (which I love by the way) if I have to resort to going wired because the wireless wont stay connected?

HP Recommended
Hp needs to issue a firmware update that fixes this.
HP Recommended

What router are you using?  Have you restarted it?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have reset my router hundreds of times.  Actually, every time I try to print I have to reset my router, turn off the printer and start everything fresh.   Then it will usually print until the next time it goes to sleep mode.   😞    Not happy at all with HP product at the moment.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.