Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
A QUICK SOLUTION EXISTS ! ! !
On April 18, 2014 (page 11 of this thread) I posted a quick solution. My HP7520 printer has been working on Netgear 7550 router WIFI flawlessly ever since. I suggest reading that post.
From long experience with HP I have found that they have great hardware but their software has always been dismal. The ultimate "fix" would be for HP to remedy their software failure that allows my fix to work.
A single "tweak" in the router wifi security settings does the trick. All the rest of the setting changes other folks have suggested are short lived (about an hour in most cases) then they don't get reconnected unless they restart everything. That makes sense because of what's happening.
The single "tweak" setting should logically point the HP programmers to where in the firmware the problem exists. Are they listening? And, It really doesn't matter about all the other printer and router settings. All mine are back to factory defaults and it all still works just fine.
Go do some BBQ and quit wasting your time on this issue.
Ken
HP Recommended

While it is nice to finally have someone from HP address this problem, I believe that you are missing vak7's point, as well as pointing out the real underlying problem here.

I've got a Lenovo laptop, an Macbook, two iPads, an iPod Touch, two iPhones, a Kindle fire, and a Brother laser printer running on this wireless network, with absolutely no changes required to either my Cisco RVS4000 router or my Apple AirPort access point for that to happen.  That doesn't even mention the people who come into my house with various laptops, phones, or other portable digital devices who only have to ask me for my WPA2 PSK and they are on my network just fine.

I've also got an HP printer that doesn't really do a good job of running on it, that drops off of the network at random times, and HP's solution for this problem is for me to make various minute tweaks (which is not something that many users even know how to do, by the way) to my router and/or my access point in order for the printer to behave the way that EVERY OTHER DEVICE on my network behaves WITHOUT having to make those tweaks.

Do you not see the image that HP is putting forward here?  Everyone has to make their networks fit the constraints of your printer, because you can't seem to get your printer's firmware or wireless card to behave in a manner that every other manufacturer seems to have no problem with.

So yes, I'll see if those various tweaks are necessary or even available on my router and access point, determine what effect those will have on everything else on my network, and quite possibly make them.

This is something that we should not have to do however.  One reason that there are standards in the computer industry is so that every manufacturer won't just make up their standards and requirements for their products to work.  Get out of the 1990's HP, and find your way up to 2014, or else watch as even more people leave your products behind.  I've seen more than one do just that in this thread.

HP Recommended
Please read the post before yours. It works!

Also, right on about HP's image. But then again, it has always been tarnished when it comes to software.

Happy times!
Ken
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.