Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What router are you using?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
I solved the problem. Bought an Epson WF3540. Printer and wireless connection work flawlessly. Thanks HP for blaming all the router manufacturers, instead of owning up to the issue and fixing it yourselves.
HP Recommended

I am using a brand new netgear router.  All my other devices work fine, I have tried static IP and everything. Someone needs to tell HP to flash the software to make this work!!! I can't believe I spent 200$ on this printer that doesn't even work correctly!!

HP Recommended
I am going to stick with HP but they need to fix this issue ASAP. I work in retail and have had so many of these returned because of this issue. It is software not hardware because Eprint seems to work ok!
HP Recommended

Good for you for switching.  I am seriously thinking of doing the same thing.   Mine is only 14 months old so I will hold off for the time being and hope there is a fix soon.     Looking at a Brother Machine though.    I had bad experiences with Epson too.   Although not wireless.   And it was many years ago.

HP Recommended

Is there a way to disable the "Sleep Mode" on the 7520? That might help prevent the loss of connection. I'm thinking about buying a 7520, but not until there's a fix for this problem!

HP Recommended

If you would like some help with this issue I am going to need to know the brand of router you are using.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
It's fascinating but throughout this thread HP support keeps asking what kind of routers are being used. Yet I have yet to see ANYONE say that the problem was resolved at the router level. Could it be that the wireless software or NIC at the printer is at fault? Could it be that HP is the problem?
HP Recommended

Well from the model number of the router we can tell if it supports the higher encryption rates, we know the default DHCP addressing window with checking.  We usually don't dive into the firmware which is out of date over 80% of the time causing the issues but should.   Checking your routers forum first would be a big help, but most don't.

HP Recommended
Which all makes perfectly good sense. It just surprised me that no-one seems to have a router issue, and yet this problem persists. At least on this forum. I find that curious...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.