Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Photosmart C7280 all in one printer which I am runing through windows vista. The printer would not work because it was posting an error message "Ink system failure" Error 0xc19a0027. I have looked at and tried all of the suggestions and found that I was able to finally get the printer up and running through it's paces only to find that there was no ink on the pages. I assume that my print head is clogged. When I search print head I have discovered that this unit has cartridges. Is there a way of servicing the print head either by cleaning or replacing the print head? If so where can I recieve the instructions or directions to service my print head? I have tried to go through the menu to clean the print heads and nothing happens. I am open to any suggestions of directions!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this steps if this would help:

1.Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on or if you have a wireless connectivity you can just continue to the next step.
2.Open the ink access door and remove all the print cartridges.
3.Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
4.Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and the wall socket, then wait for one minute.
5.Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
6.Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
7.Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
8.Print a Self Test to verify product is functional.
9.Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print from the computer.
10.If the error is still there you might need to buy a new printer

HP Recommended

Acquired C7280 from son. Not used for one year and cartridges near empty.  Printed with lines; two nozzels clogged.  Replaced all cartridges and cleaned head dozens of times using standard procedure.  No change and almost gave up.  Then I tried the following:

1. started a print and after it was partially complete, pulled our power plug from printer.  Then opened back and pulled out sheet of paper.

2. Print head was now out ot its "garage" and could be slid maually back and forth.  Slide it to the right.

3. Soaked a small sheet of eye glass cleaning fabric (no lint), about eight inches square, in distilled water and folded it into a strip. Then placed it and flattened it on the rack that the print head nozzels go over.  Then carefully slid print head over the fabric making sure it did not catch. 

4. Then picked up both ends of the fabric with my right and left hands, stretched it and carefully pulled it back and forth at least a dozen times under the print head.  When you pull the fabric out you should see several patches of ink on it.

5.  Wait for at least one hour to let the print head dry then replace back cover on printer.

6. Remove plug from wall socket, wait one minute then replace and then place power plug into the printer.

7.  The printer does not like method of powering off but perservere until you see the message "printer was shut off incorrectly" or similar message.  You are almost there.

8. Once the printer is ready to print, clean the printing head using the normal method then make a test print. 

9.  It took me four attempts of the above to eliminate the printing lines but the printer now performs perfectly.

Good luck and perservere since this is a one of best printers HP has ever made.

HP Recommended

I had the ink failure problems that many people have had and knew I had to replace the bad capacitors.  But just before I was about to attempt that, I started getting another ink system failure message which made me worry that the printheads were now also clogged.

I replaced the capacitors today and was happy to see that the first error message no longer came up.  But still couldn't print.  I tried all of the other posted solutions about clearing the hardware errors in memory, etc, but still couldn't print.  I've searched the internet previously and found no other solutions, but tried again and came up with your recent post!

I was going to try your solution and first had to do the steps to get the printhead movable -- which I hadn't know how to do before your post.  Did that, discovered we were out of distilled water, so I just put the power back onto the printer.  And what do you know --  everything now works!  I think my printhead somehow was stuck in one position and couldn't move.

Thanks for your post; it helped me.  And I'm keeping a PDF of it in my solutions library in case (or perhaps when) my printhead gets clogged.  I really appreciated your detailed steps.

I, too, love this machine.  Get printer -- great scanner.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.