Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Color Laserjet  CP4025 printer and recently it showed up the message

"Transfer kit low" and "Maintanance kit low"

So I replaced the Transfer kit and Maintanance kit with a new one (Genuine HP).

After that the Maintanance kit counter was resetted to zero automatically. But I still get the "Transfer kit low" error message.

I dont have any printing issues yet (even after the newly installed transfer kit and maintanance kit), But the error message keep on showing. I looked how to solve this in everywhere bus i still cannot resove it. Is there any way to reset it manually ??

Please let me know what can be done to resove this issue. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Remove the Transfer kit and power on the printer unit.

Upon message "Install or Missing transfer kit" install the same when printer is ON.

Thank you! I am an HP employee.

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” . if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry for your difficult experieince with the Transfer Kit life reset failure. 

Given the nature of your failure, this is what I recommend:

Please return the Transfer Kit to the point of purchase as a defective unit for failing to reset the life counter.  Since the counter was not reset, there is no guarantee that the Transfer Kit is an OEM HP genuine new part.

Best regards,

DaveK

I work for HP

HP Recommended

Hello:

As I look inside this printer after having removed the belt, I see the white gear that the IBT motor turns. Is this the white gear you are talking about? If so, what position does that gear need to be in before I slide the belt in? Also is there any adjustments on the belt itself that needs to be pre-positioned to connect to this gear? I am havign the same trouble not being able to clear the transfer kit low message on this model at the hospital. Thanks Paul

HP Recommended

I have installed  a new transfer  kit for hp 4525. it suppose to reset on its own but it still showing  10% on the supply usage page. here

Hown can I fix this on going problem with this model printer.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

HP CP4525 Transfer Belt Reset Fail Solution

Had to install a Fuser and Transfer Belt onsite today. The Fuser reset OK, but the Transfer Belt did not. Thanks to dmzcompute for the reset solution. 
Turn the printer off and remove the Transfer Belt and keep it in the same orientation as when you put it in the printer. Look at the left side of the belt. You will see a small white round piece with a tab sticking out. You need to spin it in a clockwise direction. I had my Mcgyver knife in my pocket so I stuck the bottle opener part into it and used that. Whatever fits. Watch the slot just below it and you'll see a black plastic flag drop down. Continue to turn it slowly until the flag starts to lift up again. Turn it until the flag is just protruding slightly. Reinstall the belt. Power the printer up and watch the display. If it goes to calibrate, then you were successful. 

DO not pay people for solutions on a help forum, that is a scam. Post the answers and keep the internet a souce of useful information, not a marketing solution for butt wads. 
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.