Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Designjet 130
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a designjet 130 and a USB hookup. The printer is working properly but the utility will not pick up or see the printer when I run the utility program. Its blank. I have tried deleting all the programs and reloading them, I even went to HP for the latest software updates and still nothing. I even went as far as going to the driver utility and uninstalling the Universal USB driver and reinstalling it and still can not see the printer in the System Maintainace utility. What do I do now? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would recommend going to Services re-start the following programs

SQL Server (HPWJA)

HPWJA Service

HPWSPro Adapter

Then restart the printer and computer and try again

If the issue persists I would suggest to consider a diferent type of connection such as ethernet cable. It can be done using a back to back connection between the printer and computer without the need to have the devices connected to a router.

Regards,

Chris Estrada

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!!

I only see this in my Services window list "HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService"  I dont see any of the things you list in the prior email.

Tried restarting that program and still does not work.

Maybe somethings not loaded.

HP Recommended

Did you ever find a fix for this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.