Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 1180C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I get my still working older printer to work on my new Windows 10 system?  It is an HP DeskJet 1180C.  It is a greta printer as it prints on wide paper.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @hockeystick, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you want your printer to work with windows 10.

I will try to help you out.

I have checked the specification of your PC and your print is not supported by windows 10.

You can refer the printer compatibility guide for windows 10 to know more information.

However, you can try the steps recommended below and let me know if this helps.

Deskjet 1220c drivers would work for the similar Deskjet 1180c.  

Install the driver using "Add a Printer", select the appropriate port and when the list comes up click on Windows Update to refresh the list of available printers.  

Select HP Deskjet 1220c from the list. (Pic shows 1120c, that would be the second choice if the Deskjet 1120c driver does not give good results.)

Also, Refer this article to know how to install printer driver suing windows update.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, you might have to consider buying a new printer which works with windows 10.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the sugestons.  We tried the 1220, 1120 and 1125.  None worked.  We may need to retire a very good printer that is working well, just becaue there is no driver!  It prints A3 (11*17) size.

HP Recommended

@hockeystick

I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. 

As @A4Apollo is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I read that there are no Win10  drivers available for your  HP Deskjet 1180c Printer. You have tried to install the drivers for 1220, 1120 and 1125 printers and it did not work.

I suggest you to try using the drivers for HP Deskjet 990c printer. These drivers are known to work for most of the older generation printer and might work for your printer too.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Also I got the same error

maswirax ~ daftar harga printer epson ~ maswirax
HP Recommended

@hockeystick

Even if the printer does not print using the inbuilt drivers then it might be an issue with Windows not detecting the printer using the inbuilt drivers. You may either perform Windows updates and then try to use the install the inbuilt drivers again or you may contact HP phone support to explore any upgrade options. 

All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.