Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2131
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there,

So my printer doesn't seem to want to print full page, like it cuts off like 1cm of the page on the right side. It used to print to full page, but I don't know what happened and now it doesn't. In PDF view it says that the page has been scaled to 94%, but I can't change it. If I change the setting to actual size, it overflows the little preview page and cuts off the overflow when printing.... It just looks like it's gotten the measurements of an A4 page wrong.

I've also run the HP doctor, but it didn't detect anything...

Here it's on fit to page, but it fits to a smaller page instead. It also says scale 94% above the preview and I'm not sure why and how to change it.

When I select fit to page, it fits to a smaller page in the preview. It says scale 94% above that as well...

Here it's actual size, and it's overflowing that little preview page...

But when I pick actual size, it overflows that preview page...

Is there anyone else who has experienced the same thing and know a fix??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The pritner hardware do not support borderless printing, therefore it cannot print  full page and was not used to perform a such, this is a limitation of the hardware..

It do not support borderless printing as listed below:

Borderless printing: No
http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-deskjet-2130-all-in-one-printer

See Paper-handling specifications > Print Margins below:

http://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c04616318

The document's margins must match (or exceed) the margin settings of 14.5 mm (1.45cm) which will be at the right side for a landscape orientation as you print..

That cannot be avoided and it is an hardware limitation of your printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Maybe I didn't word it properly, but it's scaling the document down to 94%, so it's made the output smaller than what it should be. I understand that it doesn't support borderless printing, but I was able to print to 100% the page size, including a little border, but I'm not sure what setting I can change to revert this 94% scale back to 100%. Hopefully that helps your understanding of it? 

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.