Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hey there,

I got a HP Deskjet 3050A J611 and the wireless printing does not work.

The printer is connected to the network as the wireless network test result proved and it is the same network as the laptop is connected to. However,  if I run a printer detection test it comes up with "printer can not be detected on the network".

I already de-installed and re-installed the software several times. The wireless light is on and I can see the strength of the signal and the IP address. There is no firewall or Security system blocking the printer connection.

I have tried to resolve this issue before by setting a high IP address for the printer. However, when trying to do so now I can't even open up the printer settings in the browser as it keeps telling me it can't establish a connection to the server.
I also tried to connect the printer with an USB and set up the wireless settings via the USB, didn't work either. The computer can't find a printer connected to the network.

My settings:

Router - Broadband Wireless ADSL2+
               Huawei EchoLife HG521
               TalkTalk
Notebook - Medion Akoya E7214
                    32-bit operating system
                    Windows 7 Home Premium

Help with that would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Larissa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Larissa89,

Restart the network devices:

1. Press the Power button to turn off the Printer.
  2. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon, click Start Search, click the Shut Down arrow, and then click Shut Down.
  3. Turn off the wireless access point (Router)
  4. Turn on the wireless access point (Router).
  5. When the Router is fully rebooted. Press the Power button to turn on the Printer.
  6. Press the power button on the computer to turn it on.
  7. Type the IP address into the Internet browser to see if you can communicate with the printer.
  8. Try sending a job to the printer.

Let me know if you are able to print successfully?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hi Laissa89, 

What does the printer show for an IP address?

If you type the IP address into the address bar or Internet Explorer do you get information about the printer?

Print a printer status report:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02731322

Run the following utility, and let me know what you find out?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The printer IP is 192.168.1.5
The Network test does not detect any printers connected to the network but the Printer Status report states that the Network Status is Ready and the active connection type is wireless.

If I type the IP into the Browser of either IE or Firefox it comes up with "the server can not be found".

HP Recommended

Hi Larissa89, 

Do you have mac address filtering setup on your router?

What is the IP address of the computer?

1. Type CMD in run or search programs and files

2. Type ipconfig in the DOS window

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The IP of the Laptop is 192.168.1.1

And no, there is no Mac filter on the router.

HP Recommended

Hi Larissa89, 

Follow the steps in the document below. Let me know if you are able to get the printer installed?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02863769

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I tried those solutions and they didn't work. However, somehow another trouble shooter popped up which I havn't seen before. I followed those instructions on the screen and the printer then printed wireless for the rest of the day. However, when I tried to print wireless this morning it is back to the normal "no connection, can't be found on the network" propblem. Connection report keeps showing it is connected with excellence strength and a valid IP.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem.

I set up the printer, and printed pics, documents, some CD inserts, all fine. Scanned some photos too. All were received on the laptop, all good.

A few days later, I tried to print some more documents, but the messagfe came up "printer is unavailable". Also, t the 'scan' icon had a red cross.

I have printed both reports on the printer, all seemed OK. I have even printed a document today using the email facility, that worked fine.

So, I have two PCs that cannot connect to it. (I do own a Touchpad but that is loaned out at the moment, that printed perfectly without need of setting up/installing).

I have tried the 'troubleshooting', no good.

I uninstalled the printer and re-installed using the disc, again no good.

What do I do now/next?

HP Recommended

hi i have the same problem.

The printer works on a PC with Vista 32bit, but does not work on PC with Win 7 32 or 64bit. the printer is networked and can be accessed by the browser (192.168.0.7), but the HP installer does not detect the printer and then the scanner will not work. I also downloaded the latest version of the HP software (  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-85606-3&cc=it&dlc=it&lc=it&... ) but it say: installation failed. while the original CD the installation is successful.

I think that the HP  software has big problems with windows7 in wireless configuration.

I use the router is a Netgear WNR2000 and the network is operating normally, and my windows firewall is off. the antivirus it' s the same between the pc (with Vista and Win 7).

HP Recommended

Hi 

Run the following utility, and let me know what your results are?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02114394

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.