Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printouts are blurry. Everytime I replace a cartridge, I align it. I use HP cartridges only. I just aligned it again. It has nothing to do with print resolution, etc. because even a document from pages with text in font size 12 is blurry. I own a mac. I have used the printer for two years and never had a problem with blurry printouts.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome!

As it seems to be a software issue, let's try resetting the printing system:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Fax.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now reconfigure the printer by clicking the Plus sign and add the printer back.

Additionally, click the Apple icon > Software Update.

Install any available HP Update and then try printing.

Please let me know of any change.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

In order to eliminate any hardware issue, please print a Self Test report and compare it with the attached sample.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01361419

Can you see and of the colors?

Is the printout looking blurry or sharp while using the device only?

Additionally, please clarify your Mac OS X version (Apple icon > About This Mac), it will allow us to provide you any further suggestions according.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I gave you kudos, but let me know if I did it wrong.

The Self-Test looks great. So, it must be the mac. I have a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8.

Thanks so much for your fast reply!

HP Recommended

You are welcome!

As it seems to be a software issue, let's try resetting the printing system:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Fax.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now reconfigure the printer by clicking the Plus sign and add the printer back.

Additionally, click the Apple icon > Software Update.

Install any available HP Update and then try printing.

Please let me know of any change.

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I have a slight glitch. When I click the plus sign I can't see the printer. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

OK,

Than more likely it is a communication issue..

Please verify that the used USB cable is not longer than 2-3m length.

Additionally, make sure it is plugged directly to a free port of the Mac and not through any hub, extention or the USB keyboard which is not a powered port and properly connected to thr printer and the Mac.

Try plugging the cable to another USB port and check if it detected by the Mac as following:

1. Click the Apple icon
  2. Click About This Mac.
  3. Click More Info
  4. Then, Click the System Report... button
  5. Click USB from the left pane.

Can you see your printer listed on the right pane?

If you verified any of the suggestions above and your printer is not listed, I would suggest you to try a different USB cable and than chack for any change.

Please let me know of any progress,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Someone (perhaps one of the kidlets) unplugged the printer. I saw the printer, added it, and printed. Everything looks clear! Thanks for your help I will mark Accepted Solution on all of the above! THANKS!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.