Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Director was replaced with Solution Center and these were delivered as part of the full featured drivers.  Unfortunately there are no full featured drivers for the PSC 2410 under Windows 7.  You can install the built in drivers as discussed in the document here.  That document also discusses workarounds for scanning.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Tried your fix. The only download available through HP is for the driver. When I follow the instructions I'm told I have the correct driver and no other software is available.

HP Recommended

have installed windows 7  , I can't find the hp director anywhere

HP Recommended

Found an acceptable "work-around". Windows 7 Professional has an XP mode which allows you to install and run XP programs. The HP Director can be installed in the XP mode and works as usual - all the tools are there. The upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 7 Professional will cost you a few $'s but it's worth every penny.

HP Recommended

iwant download director

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.