Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart D110
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi there.  In December 2016, I downloaded HP Easy Scan 1.7.0 to be able to scan with macOS Sierra.  Today, it would not work.  Every time I clicked 'scan' I received the following error message:

"HP Photosmart D110 series is currently unavailable. Ensure your device is powered on, check the connection, and ensure your network is functioning properly. If these conditions are correct, restart the device and try scanning again."

I checked everything.  All in good order.  I was able to scan my documents using the screen on the printer.  The scanned documents were sent to my computer without problem.  But still, Easy Scan would not work.

I deleted Easy Scan 1.7.0 and instead downloaded HP Easy Scan 1.6.0.  That will not work either.  I get the same error message.  

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,
From your Applications folder or its HP subfolder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan application, delete it by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Next install the latest HP Easy Scan (1.8.0) below, it will be installed within the Applications folder:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_8...

Finally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this solution did not work.  I have deleted and downloaded Easy Scan 1.8.0 so many times!  I've updated my computer, too.

There seems to be a pervasive problem here in using HP Easy Scan with Mac OS Sierra...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Reset the printing system (macOS)

Resetting the printing system on a Mac can resolve problems such as print jobs stuck in the queue, connection issues, and incomplete driver setups.

JessikaV_0-1675786181498.png

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.