Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

First, I've had this printer for about two years and was working just fine. Until recently it was not able to scan. I've tried HP Doctor, and was unable to fix the problem. It kept saying the scanner driver was not found. Can someone help me in fixing this problem. I've also tried installing the drivers over and over again, with many computers too. Please Help, thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forums @ErnestoH_,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan from your printer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own by reinstalling the printer software.

May I know the procedure you are using to make a scan on the printer?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

How is the printer connected to your computer? USB or wireless.

Scanning and copying use the same mechanism. If you are able to make a copy. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer cleanly and then install it back by downloading it from www.hp.com/drivers (Enter the product number to find the latest driver.)

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
So I am able to make copies and I am connected to it wirelessly( I also have the USB connector to connect to it). First, I've completely erased the drivers from the first step from all my computers. I did the steps with my computer running windows 8, and was still not able to get it to work. Not only that but after doing the steps it kept showing a C4EBA341 error for a while. So I left it unplugged for a while and the error was gone. Sadly the scanner still doesn't work. If there's any other solutions to the problem please reply. If not then I will be doing this again today. Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
I also forgot to mention, it scanned for a while but then stopped working. I made a scan but minutes later it just stopped working again. Tried turning it off and on again and still nothing.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. If you are able to print over wireless and if it scanned after uninstall and reinstall using the method mentioned earlier. 

Please assign a static IP to the printer and try to scan. Follow the procedure mentioned below to assign a static or manual IP to the printer. 

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

If the issue persists,

Request you to disable wireless on the printer. Uninstall the printer cleanly again, using the procedure mentioned earlier. 

Setup the printer only with USB and check if you are able to scan. 

If the issue persists, please install the printer on any other computer and try to scan. 

If the issue persists on a different computer as well. Please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, so after i tried to do the steps again. The same error occured many times and was not able to resolve it for a while. Until finally today I got the error to go away. But when I fixed it, the printer displayed a caution error saying that my scanner is not working and that I should turn the printer on and off again. And if that doesnt resolve it then my scanner component is broken. Is there any possible way where I can get the component fixed or replaced, or anything. Or if I have to buy a whole new printer. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, as you are able to make a copy on the printer and we have reinstalled the printer driver by deleting the print server properties. 

Recommend you try to use Windows scan and check if you are able to scan a document. Click here.

If Windows scan does not work as well. You can open the EWS page of your printer on any browser (using IP address of the printer) and try to scan using Webscan on EWS page. 

If the issue persists, you can also create a new user account on your computer with administrative priveledges, login to the new account and try to uninstall and install the full feature of the printer and try to scan. 

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your printer. 

Hope this helps. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.