cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AlexB001
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy 5530 is stuck on "scanning alignment page

HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hp Envy 5530 is stuck on "scanning alignment page" and will not complete the alignment.

and if I try to cancel it will stay stock there as well, so theres nothing I can do.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,925 25,804 1,425 1,497
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AlexB001

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that your HP Envy 5530 printer is stuck in alignment page. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Perform Hard Reset on the printer.
  • Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 60secs.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to the wall outlet.
  •  Remove, inspect, and reseat the cartridges.
  • Clean the cartridge contacts.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
AlexB001
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried that already, I removed the inks as well and nothing, keeps doing the same thing

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 488 952
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AlexB001, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and trying the troubleshooting steps suggested. 

Whenever you replace a cartridge, the printer has to complete the alignment process for the printer to work correctly. 

How is the print quality on the alignment page?

Please try the suggested steps in this HP Article

If the alignment still does not complete after trying the suggested steps in the article, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your printer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation