Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5544
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am printing word documents and pdfs from a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 to an HP Envy 5544 al-in-one-printer.

The printer is new. 

While the printer often works fine, the printer Paper Rollers are intermittently not feeding the paper and the printer gives me the "Out of Paper" error message.

If I cancel the print and send a print (even the same document) from another laptop, then the print works without problems.

I have been through reloading paper, changing the paper type, adjusting the paper grips... none of this makes any difference and the printer works with other laptops anyway!

Any suggestions what I could try? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @markdarcy, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are getting out of paper error on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below to troubleshoot out of paper error messages.

Make sure that the paper you use to print is in good condition and neatly stacked in the tray, and the paper path and tray are free from obstructions.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Remove the stack of paper from the tray.
Check for obstructions inside the tray. Use a flashlight to view the mechanism inside the tray to make sure that nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers. Even small pieces of paper can cause paper feed issues.
 NOTE:
If you find obstructions in the paper path, skip to the section on cleaning the rollers.
Examine the condition of the paper, and then replace any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.
Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. Never load mixed types of paper in the tray. The product can only process one type of paper at a time.
Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.
Make sure that the stack of paper contains no fewer than 10 sheets and no more than 25 sheets of paper.
 NOTE:
You need to use 10 to 25 sheets of paper only for purposes of these troubleshooting steps. When the issue is resolved, you can resume loading paper according to the paper tray capacity specifications for your product.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot out of paper error messages.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Mr Robot for your suggestions. I had tried all of these with no success.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and so far (about 10 printed copies later) it seems to be working.

HP Recommended

@markdarcy, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I am glad to hear that your printer is working fine now.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.