Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M127FW
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a fairly new HP LaserJet M127fw that is getting Scanner Error 22.

I have done a reset on the printer:

Turning on printer, removing power cable for 60+ seconds, plugging power back in, turning on printer - Scanner Error 22

Turning off printer, removing power cable for 60+ seconds, plugging power back in, turning on printer - Scanner Error 22

Changed power source from Power Strip to Wall outlet - Scanner Error 22

I have updated to the latest firmware via HP's support - Firmware Datecode: 20160926

I have turned off the printer/removed power cable, held the power button for 60+ seconds and put the power cable back in and turned the printer back on - Scanner Error 22

There is nothing on the scanner bed or in the document feeder.

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Any help?

HP Recommended

Hello, @rorabona – Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand you are getting scanner error on your LaserJet printer. I see that you have performed all the relevant troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. This error might display when extra weight or pressure is applied to the scanner glass, such as when scanning an open book. The weight or pressure can stall the scanner mechanism. If anything is kept on the scanner, please remove the same and try a power drain again:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If the issue persists, then it could be a hardware problem with the machine. I would request you contact the HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.