Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know that you were able to install the printer over the USB connection @gkg2010.

Since you have a valid IP address, you can just create a new port.

• From Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties and select the Ports tab.
  • Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
  • Type in the proper IPv4 address for the printer.
  • Make sure the printer is online.
  • Test the printer.

Let me know how you make out. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This is an old thread, but I just spent 4 hours with this error message and wanted to post what worked forr me. I found the solution on a thread about another HP Laserjet model.

Go to the LCD display on the printer. Go to Settings. Find HP Smart Install. Turn it to OFF.

Now go to your downloaded full installation file, and run it.

I must have tried to install the driver package 8 times. Always hung up at 99% and then errored out. After disabling Smart Install from the printer, it worked flawlessly.

I hope this helps somebody.

HP Recommended

Great Answer!!! Worked right away really fast. Awesome fix... 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with the MFP M426-M427. After reading a few of the posts here, I was able to solve the problem. The issue is that the uninstaller does not do a complete uninstall. The solution that worked for me is as follows:

1. Perform the uninstall using the HP software and reboot as instructed.

2. After the reboot, go to Control Panel, Printers and other Devices. Remove the listed printer you want to reinstall.

3. Optionally, go to Control Panel, Devices. Find your printer and remove the driver.

4. Reboot.

5. Install your printer. It should now do a complete install.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.