Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi,

I have a query about adding more computers to my HP Printer.

I followed the instructions & thus I can print wirelessly from the Laptop I used during installation (after removing the USB cable).

I can also print wirelessly from our various iPads & iPhones (after changing WiFi to the printer).

But I cannot see how I can 'add' my daughter's laptop (Windows Vista) & my main desktop (Windows XP) computers, so they can print wirelessly too!

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

I tried running the HP Printer installation Disc on my daughters laptop. It managed to recognise the printer, but sadly was unable to print. 

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Simon B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, & Thanks,

I have fiinally found a solution to installing my HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Wireless Printer & then connecting 2nd, 3rd & subsequent laptop/desktops to it.

I initially reset the printer to remove any configuration, then I performed the following steps:-

Install on a laptop either using CD or might start by simply connecting USB cable to laptop. Follow instructions, do test print etc. (proving that the Wireless Network is setup correctly)).

Check wireless printing from this initial 1st laptop works, & also works from various ipads/iphones etc.

Problems were encountered when trying to get other laptops/desktops to print wirelessly (2nd & subsequent).

The following seemed to work:-

On other laptops/desktops (dont connect to printer with USB cable):-

1) Run Setup from CD,

2) Choose w1100 Series - Wireless Install,

3) Choose Install Printer Software (& view User Guide if want),

4) Choose Add another Printer (option 1),

5) Choose HP LJ Pro P1100w Series,

6) Choose 3rd option (connect to a Configured Wireless Network (the one established earlier),

7)  Next, lots of software is installed,

😎  Identify Printer by choosing method to identify (select from a list),

9)  Next to pin-hole (any) firewall,

10) Searches for printer, finds HP LJ Pro P1102w,

11) Next, TCP/IP data was:-
                IP Address 192.168.2.46
                Subnet 255.255.255.0
                Gateway 192.168.2.1

Host Name NPI1C754F

12) (Stupid 'Password Required' box kept appearing a few times - X to close),

13) Enable Direct Print,

14) Next,

Finally Success!  Did Test Prints from as many computers/idevices I could find.

Thanks very much. I hope the above may help someone else!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @simonbond,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I read your post and see that you are unable to print from the Laptop and Desktop, but you can print over the wireless network with another Laptop and the  iPads & iPhones. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. Smiley Happy

Print a configuration page to get the printer's IPv4 address, Printing a Configuration Page. Select Method two.

If you have a valid IPv4 address for the printer, then try and access the Embedded Web Server for the printer from the Laptop and the Desktop.
Type the IPv4 address into your web browser's address bar. (Internet Explorer)

Check the port showing on the computer, to make sure it matches the current IPv4 for the printer.

Go to Start, Control Panel, Printers/Printers and Faxes, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab, it should be checked on TCP/IP.

Click on configure port to view the IP address.

If the IPv4 address doesn't match the IPv4 address for the printer, then create a new port with the new IPv4 address.

Close the configure port window.

Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
Type in the proper IP address for the printer.
Make sure the printer is online.

Test the printer.

If the problem persists, download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor?

Please let me know the outcome and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, & Thanks,

I have fiinally found a solution to installing my HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Wireless Printer & then connecting 2nd, 3rd & subsequent laptop/desktops to it.

I initially reset the printer to remove any configuration, then I performed the following steps:-

Install on a laptop either using CD or might start by simply connecting USB cable to laptop. Follow instructions, do test print etc. (proving that the Wireless Network is setup correctly)).

Check wireless printing from this initial 1st laptop works, & also works from various ipads/iphones etc.

Problems were encountered when trying to get other laptops/desktops to print wirelessly (2nd & subsequent).

The following seemed to work:-

On other laptops/desktops (dont connect to printer with USB cable):-

1) Run Setup from CD,

2) Choose w1100 Series - Wireless Install,

3) Choose Install Printer Software (& view User Guide if want),

4) Choose Add another Printer (option 1),

5) Choose HP LJ Pro P1100w Series,

6) Choose 3rd option (connect to a Configured Wireless Network (the one established earlier),

7)  Next, lots of software is installed,

😎  Identify Printer by choosing method to identify (select from a list),

9)  Next to pin-hole (any) firewall,

10) Searches for printer, finds HP LJ Pro P1102w,

11) Next, TCP/IP data was:-
                IP Address 192.168.2.46
                Subnet 255.255.255.0
                Gateway 192.168.2.1

Host Name NPI1C754F

12) (Stupid 'Password Required' box kept appearing a few times - X to close),

13) Enable Direct Print,

14) Next,

Finally Success!  Did Test Prints from as many computers/idevices I could find.

Thanks very much. I hope the above may help someone else!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.