The HP Community is here for you.
05-01-2013 01:33 AM
laserjet p1005 not working under Windows 8 (W7 driver in compatibility mode stopped working after 2 days) no since october 2012 promised driver available
Please: write our complaints using "feedback" link here
directly to HP.
Or better: write please directly to HP facebook page
05-15-2013 07:56 AM
@ra220165, sorry that it only worked for a few days.
Have you tried downloading an alternative driver. (Shane_R) has a great post on how to download one.
Let me know this works.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
05-15-2013 08:20 AM
Guys! Finally a solution: It works on me for over than a week. Hope the same for you:
- Hold your mouse arrow in the lower right, or upper right, corner of the screen to bring up the Charms Bar. If you are using a touch screen, you can swipe your finger from the right side to the left.
- Select the Search Charm.
- Under the search box, click on Settings.
- In the search box, type Devices.
- Click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Select Printer Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on New Driver.
- Click Next.
- Select HP from the first list.
- Select HP LaserJet P1005, or if not working LaserJet P1006..
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Click OK to close the window.
05-15-2013 08:29 PM - last edited on 04-19-2016 01:14 PM by OscarFuentes
It seems that drivers are ready since the page indicates "Full solution" and "Host-based Plug and Play Basic driver" texts for P1005 printer:
The only problem is when I click the links and select Windows 8 operating system I still get the "Product Supported Soon in Windows 8". Is there another way to get the drivers?
05-16-2013 09:11 AM
HP guys, please, look into this issue! Are drivers for P1005 really ready, or this is just a site bug?
My printer waits for those drivers for more than 6 month now, I want to feed him finally )